Dotted Squirrel has gone through multiple iterations since 2013.
Originally, it was a space that housed samples for a WordPress theme marketplace. Then it turned into a personal portfolio.
In 2019, Dotted Squirrel turned into a news aggregator built in Angular and Firebase as I embarked on my Depth Year.
As of December 2019, I’ve decided to evolve Dotted Squirrel into something that’s bigger than me. I decided to properly turn Dotted Squirrel into a community.
For a long time, I’ve always wanted to help others become better developers. It led me to write on Medium – sharing my experiences, knowledge, and thoughts on different subject matters.
However, I am just one person and there are a ton of fantastic people to learn from. That’s why I’ve opened up Dotted Squirrel for others to contribute to.
Here are the current features:
- share a link to something you found useful on the Internet
- create tech quizzes to help others prepare for interviews and exams
- create learning tracks to help others figure out where to go next for a particular topic
- pitch guest posts for the site and be part of the editorial content
- save links and articles to read later against your account
There are a few other things I want to bring out for Dotted Squirrel – but didn’t quite make it in this release.
But that’s alright. It’s all about the MVP and getting this site in its current version properly up and running before Christmas.
So that’s it for now. We’re settling on something that has the potential to be epic in its give back powers. Hope ya’ll like it.
Over and out.